Sunday, February 21, 2010

Time Travel

Time 1:30 P.M. Date 20th Feb 2010
Sorry, Amit! Can you please come at 3:00P.M.
Me: (Gosh! where to go for an hour.) Ok .
I was just wondering, or rather wandering on my bike, and caught a glimpse of CCD, well not a bad idea to have cup of coffee.

Time 1:45 P.M. Date 20th Feb 2010
One Espresso please! I ordered. It's perfect for the teas drinkers like me to have an espresso. The good thing is you can easily spend an hour over a cup. And the bad thing is its taste (At least I don't like it.)
I was about to sleep almost, as neither the coffee was good nor were the videos on the screen.

And, then I saw a couple( I wish, I could use a better word) or I should say a boy and a girl entering the Cafe. The girl was really hot and the boy ( as, we boys always think about a boy with a hot girl is always stupid) and so he was: Stupid(And, of course I had a better word this time) . I was (as we boys can't help it) looking at the girl.
Two frappes please! ordered the boy.
Ahh! something suddenly struck in my mind.

Time: Evening in CP Date: Oct 2007
Two frappes please! I ordered, when I went to the CCD for the first time with her.
It was the day when I got my first paycheck, I was searching for some gifts for my mom, dad, bro and for her. I requested her to assist me, as I completely dumb when it comes to shopping. Thank god! She was there to help me out. And after two hours, when she was completely exhausted. We decided to have our fair share from my paycheck. She was sitting in front of me, I was about to order but someone interrupted me : Excuse me !

Time: Date: 20th Feb 2010
Excuse me! Is someone sitting there, pointing to the chair in front of me, which was empty, I realized now. I said "Oh! No. Certainly not" I took my fair share of time to come to the real world.
"So, can we keep our bags there." he asked.
"Sure! Why not." I answered wondering that the chair won't be empty anymore.
But the bags! they were the first kits which these guys had got after joining the Career Forum.
Now, I was looking at these bags, and it seemed as if they were staring at me
But, why?


Time: 7:00P.M. Date: July 2005
"Celebration time guys." my friend said.
"Why? " asked the other.
"We have cleared our first step towards CAT" came the answer.
"Wow! and what's that?" I asked.
"Oh! Come on. We have joined IMS today. Now, all that we have
to do is to just appear for the CAT and rest is all you guys know" came the prompt reply.
"So, lets celebrate then" I cheered.
Believe me, In college, you celebrate even, because you have no reason to celebrate. It doesn't matter how cash stripped you are or, you have already asked for more money this month. But, celebration means celebration.
"So where we are going then" another question that popped in my mind.
"Let's go to Friends Cafe" someone in the group answered.
"So alto."
Everyone ordered his favorites and then Cheers.....

Time : Date: 20th Feb 2010
"Cheers...."
There were the bags again staring at me, but they were from Career Forum. Where are the IMS bag gone? Oops I am back! I realized.
"Cheers... We completed our school today."
This was another group of friends who were having a good time after their farewell party in the school.
Everyone seemed to be on cloud nine! may be they had some plans for their future I don't know. But, they all had different plans for the day. This was for sure.

Time : 2:30 P.M. Date : 5th Feb 2002
Farewell Party, 12th standard.
After the party was over, and we(four of us) gathered outside the school.
"So, what's now?"I asked.
"How about a cigarette?" came the reply.
"What?"
"Yes, buddy! we are grown up now. We have completed our school today, and anyways we are trying it only. Who says to continue."
"Lets go then."
So, we reached the stadium(so that no one watches us) with just one cigarette, and Choloromints and CenterFresh and a Pepsi can. Just to avoid the smell after, we reach home. So, basically we ended up spending around 30 bucks for 5Rs. cigarette. It sounds foolish, but that's how we were. :P
Everyone was busy giving his advice to everyone else, on how to enjoy most. And then, I heard a scream.......

Time : 2:55 P.M. Date : 20th Feb 2010
Scream......
I got a message. (That's my message tone). Ah! the message's content was useless as usual, but it reminded me of the time I am present in. And I have to rush for the meeting at 3:00 P.M. As, it was already 2:55.
So, it was the time to move on now. I was about to leave CCD. With all my past left behind with my school days in one corner, college days in the other corner and after college days yet in another one. I was looking at my past 9 years in just one frame.
I wish I could jot down my feelings here, but the experience was really ineffable.
But, certainly it made me realize that life just moves on and you have to leave behind the past.



P.S. If you didn't liked this post, then I am sorry, but I warned you earlier. :P

15 comments:

nandita said...

oyeeeee...........
awesome!!
finally u can write really good....;)
really nice indeed...;)
keep going, u rocks!!

Unknown said...

reminded me of the... browny with chocolate sauce... at friends!!

aakhhhhh... *drooling

Chandan Verma said...

First of all Sorry yaaarrr.......
it make me nostalgic ...
write buddy write,
u have it in you...:)

" साले तुने तो निशब्द कर दिया !!!"

Unknown said...

soni ab soni nahi raha..bada ho gaya lagta he :))
achha likha he be!!

Bibhas Sarkar said...

Words are simple and tell about the stages of life through small things we did in life. That is how life is best cherished.This is Classic!! Soni, I would say tere story pieces padh k I could imagine a musical note that tells about your(our) story in flashback.

Gkk said...

Soni kamal kar diya... issi baat par kal raat party

Waise CCD wali ladki kaun thi!!!!!

Dhawal Jain said...

I Though it was a Chronicle of your CAT preparation :P .

U missed TG and Morning Class Ramp Walker.

Some Mention of Kumar Abhishek's antics also deserved place.

Last! Written quite well... may be your alternative career option.
Go Ahead , You know even after IIM's and IIT's people become authors :)

Go Ahead !

Amit Saxena said...

Good stuff Tony......sahii.....tu to writer nikla.......;)

Jugesh Bansal said...

ha ha ha.... 30 rupees for a 5 rs cig :)

good old days...

yogesh gupta said...

acha likhna seekh gaye ho be ...nice narration ...soni and cigarette ..waah waah ....soni bada ho gaya he :P .. ab se 50 paise ki mint le liya karna cigg ke baad ..sasti padegi ..:D

Rahul Agarwal said...

wonderful article.. u could be next quenten tarantino...

soni said...

Thanks to you all for your wonderful comments...

nandita said...

hey readin your blog reminds me of my best times i had, no worries, enjoyin small small things..ur mathematical support ;) my ear rings from ur paycheck, socha na tha cd...lolz, time actually travels..and i miss it for sure!
Great piece of writing and very eager to know who that lucky girl was? nandita

nandita said...

hey readin your blog reminds me of my best times i had, no worries, enjoyin small small things..ur mathematical support ;) my ear rings from ur paycheck, socha na tha cd...lolz, time actually travels..and i miss it for sure!
Great piece of writing and very eager to know who that lucky girl was? nandita

nandita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.